Thursday, December 5, 2013

Another Day Down

It's time for all good little knitters to be in bed... I'm not one today.

Despite being sick, I managed to get a fair amount of knitting done.
I finished today's portion of the Advent scarf:

I only needed to change the decrease on the first row of the spacer to an increase, and the rest was was written.

I worked on the unlovable sock - I'm having a hard time falling for the design the yarn is settling into - and I'm just past the heel on the first sock.  It's going to be a real struggle to keep myself on track and get this pair done for Christmas.

I may have to run to the yarn store down the street and see if I can find something a little more loveable, for my own sanity!  I should have done the heels and toes in a different skein, but I don't currently have any in the same weight that would compliment the yarn being used.

I started another Christmas gift today - this one is possibly the most important, because my Tattered shawl is being held hostage until the ransom of their own tattered scarf has been paid.
I made a fair dent in this one, hopefully I'll be able to get it done and into the Christmas box by the weekend.
Sure, it doesn't look like much, but I'm about 56 rows in.  Once I make more progress I'll update on it.

I have a tendency of when I'm sick changing this to make me feel better.
I've already somewhat rearranged the living room (and bedroom a week or so ago), so I decided to update my hair.

It was pretty washed out and faded, you can barely see the pink in it anymore.  I mixed up some new custom dye, and didn't bother with re-dyeing the black, or re-bleaching, just slapped it on and covered it up.  I'll update with the new colour tomorrow; I'm aiming for a deep luscious colour.

No comments:

Post a Comment