Friday, May 30, 2014

Couple of Cast Ons

Since the last post there hasn't been much sunshine to take any pictures... until today, but its a bit too cold for me!
While I've been inside, however, I've cast on two projects..


The first being the Stitch Surfer Socks.  I haven't been able to knit anything on small needles since I injured my shoulder.  I figured I'd have a go after exploring Instagram and seeing all the lovely surfer socks.  I cast on yesterday in the wee hours of the morning before bed.  I must admit, my shoulder wasn't too happy with me afterwards, but I did finish the first surf and stop.

Being unable to continue with my sock (and being rather grumpy yesterday), a new project was in order to chase away the rainy day grumpies.  My bestie in the knitting world, Katie Kat, sent me a lovely purple yarn a while ago, and I had been saving it for a special project. 
Upon finding Rainshine, I told her this was the pattern I want to make with it, she sent me the pattern to do so! Day immediately brightened! So that night I cast on and knit the first section (main body) of the shawl:

I had planned on casting on a cardigan, however the original pattern I planned to knit doesn't release until Sunday, so that will be postponed.

A while back I cast on Regenerate, and then got caught up in a few other things, and this got put into a hibernation bag - which I forgot about until someone on Instagram mentioned it! I've finished up to the second repeat of the third chart - basically the part with Nupps - which I substituted with beads.

 I'm using Malabrigo Lace in Velvet Grapes.  Its such a delicate, yummy yarn to work with, but - being single ply- I tend to handle it rather delicately so I don't break it as I knit.  This means it's going to take much more time than a usual shawl to finish, but the fabric it creates is so lovely!

Unfortunately with work this weekend, my mum's birthday on Sunday, and N spending our "weekend" together (Sunday-Monday or Tuesday), I won't have much time to work on knitting for a while.  That and my apartment is in serious need of spring cleaning!

No comments:

Post a Comment