Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Little Bits of Knits

I've been able to do a bit of knitting recently.

For starters, I've finished my Colour Affection Shawl - which I affectionately call my colour affliction shawl:
I'll have to do a photoshoot soon to get some nice pictures of my knits, rather than my floor pictures.
This is knit using Koigu yarn, the same yarn I used for the Koigu monkey.

I finished Sauble Sunset using the remaining black Koigu from the colour affection shawl; the rest of the pattern was knit in the Dream In Colour yarn from the magic yarn swap.  Again, I'll have to get a better picture, but I wore it to work this past weekend:

I made a few minor changes to the pattern, one being a different colour for the bands, and the other being continuing the button band the rest of the way down the front. 

Sunday night, I cast on a simple little pattern, Gilet Court D'Ete.  I'm just about half way through the body, then I just have the sleeves to add.  This is going to be a gift for someone, and I'm already thinking I need to make one for myself!
Here's my "Summer Spectrum" so far:

This is knit in Bernat Mosaic, which I've just found out is discontinued.  Sadly, this was one of my favourite acrylic yarns!

Hopefully I can get some nice sunny days soon, and can get some nicer photos and maybe more finished projects!

No comments:

Post a Comment